Working as child advocate for Children's Legal Service (CLS), Nick must place a teenage girl who accused her stepfather of rape in a suitable home. On the corporate business side, Nick tries to convince his dad Burton Fallin to take a client who has ties to Burton's past. Also in this episode, Nick forms an unlikely friendship with Barbara, the secretary at CLS.
Interesting facts learned from this episode:
- The Fallins are from Denora, a blue collar town near Pittsburgh, but Nick doesn't identify with that side of the family.
- Barbara likes to drink coffee, and won't hesitate to ask some lawyer to get it for her! ;-)
- Nick can deadpan like no other!
- Barbara thinks old man Clayton is a regular Richard Cory, and he ran a crappy fiefdom.
- Barbara can dance!
- Apparently lawyers don't dance in public!
- Nick's office at CLS is formally a broom closet.
- Nick is loosing $350,000 billable hours working in CLS -- that translates to roughly $233 per hour!